Today is National Zoo Lovers Day! Unfortunately, due to current global issues we are not able to go out and visit a zoo, but do not worry! NNS got you! We will bring the cutie animals to you! In the form of memes of course and a few handy links below.
A few things about the zoo, not only are they places where we can see animals around the world we may not be able to see IRL, but zoo’s also serve as breeding centers for endangered or at risk of endangered species, they provide education to the public about animals and their habitats, and did I mention seeing cute animals?
Right now we may not be able to visit zoos, but there are a few who are offering up video experiences for free!
- The Cincinnati Zoo: Check in around 3 p.m., because that’s the time the Zoo holds a daily Home Safari on its Facebook Live Feed.
- Atlanta Zoo: The Georgia zoo keeps a “Panda Cam” livestream on its website.
- Georgia Aquarium: Sea-dwellers like African penguins and Beluga Whales are the stars of this aquarium’s live cam.
- Houston Zoo: There are plenty of different animals you can check in on with this zoo’s live cam, but we highly recommend watching the playful elephants.
- The Shedd Aquarium: This Chicago aquarium shares some pretty adorable behind-the-scenes footage of their residents on Facebook.
- San Diego Zoo: With what may be the most live cam options, this zoo lets you switch between koalas, polar bears, and tigers in one sitting.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: It can be Shark Week every week thanks to live online footage of Monterey Bay’s Habitat exhibit.
- National Aquarium: Walk through tropical waters to the icy tundra in this floor-by-floor tour of the famous, Baltimore-based aquarium.
Let’s share a bit of knowledge here in this meme post with a few facts:
- The Vienna Zoo is the oldest existing zoo and was opened to the public in 1765.
- The United State’s first public zoo, Central Park Zoo, opened in 1874 in New York.
- There are 350 zoos in the United States
- Approximately 175 million people visit a zoo each year.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom has had more than 9.8 million annual visitors.
- More than 3.2 million people visit the San Diego Zoo each year.
OKAY ENOUGH FACTS! Let’s get to the silly memes!
What are your favorite animals? Do you have any silly zoo related memes? How will you be celebrating, will you be dressing up your cat as a lion? Let us know in the comments! If you were wondering how you can help you local zoo, you can by checking out their website and donating. And you can support us animals at NNS just by sharing this article! And we will catch you next time, same Nerd-time, same Nerd-channel!