Give us your weirdos and your freaks! Today is National Absurdity Day! Today is to take remembrance of some of the absurd things that have happened in history. Each one of us has our own story to tell. And some of us may have an excuse to make more stories today! It’s all good though, because its NATIONAL ABSURDITY DAY! But please keep safety for yours and others in mind. So below are my four very bias super absurd comic recommendations for those of you who need more weirdness in your life.
But first… here are a few of my favorite ABSURD history facts:
- Heroin was once a perfectly acceptable medicine. Doctors prescribed it for everything from coughs to headaches.
- Before dentures were invented, teeth were extracted from the mouths of dead soldiers for use as prosthetics.
- The great Omaha Indian Chief Blackbird was said to have loved his horse so much that he was buried sitting on top of it.
- Before there were alarm clocks, there were “knockers-up”, who were hired to shoot dried peas from a blow gun at people’s windows in order to wake them up in the morning.
- Like many ancient royalty, King Tut’s parents were related. According to DNA taken from his mummified body, his parents were actually brother and sister.
Just when you thought GARTH ENNIS had gone too far, just when you thought it was safe to walk the streets, just when you thought no one would go near the idea of the world’s first superhero prostitute… here comes THE PRO! Plus, in “THE PRO MEETS THE HO,” our plucky heroine faces a super-powered “soiled dove” whose powers of perversion exceed the Pro’s own!
Joe is a catmaster, trained to use his cat as any tool or weapon. His best friend, Pete, falls in love with an alien he’s forced to sell into green slavery, while his ex, Anna, watches her Xombie War veteran boyfriend turn into the drug he’s addicted to. King City, an underbelly of a town run by spy gangs and dark dark magic with mystery down every alleyway.
You won’t believe a rat can fly… unless he uses a talking detached tail as a whip. Earthworm Jim creator Doug Tennapel is publishing his Webcomic Ratfist, a vigilante-in-tights that satirizes comics, politics, philosophy, and even Tennapel himself!
Comic strip creator where its just so weird you will never know what you will get. Pinnacle of National Absurdity Day, you just have to check it out.
So there we have it, four very bias and very absurd comic recommendations. What are your favorite weird comics? Do you have any freaky stories to tell? PG only please. Let us know in the comments or use #NationalAbsurdityDay and tag Nerd News Social. Until next time!