What house are you? Of course, if you are on NNS, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Let’s talk about the REAL hero of Harry Potter, Harmione Granger of course! Clearly Harry (and Ron, and probably Neville, too) would have died early into Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone had it not been for Hermione Granger.
So you’re probably wondering why we are talking about Hermione. Well, I’m getting there. What we are really here to talk about is Emma Watson because………
IT’S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY!
So in light of one of her best roles, we are going to share a few fun facts about her IRL and then a few fun Harry Potter memes!
Did you know…
- Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born April 15, 1990 in Paris.
- While she appeared in multiple stage plays beforehand, Watson’s professional acting debut was as Hermione Granger in ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’.
- While the ‘Harry Potter’ films continued to be a huge box office draw, Watson was hesitant to continue in the role after the 5th film. Could you imagine another actress as Hermione?
- Watson graduated from Brown University in 2014. She majored in English Lit.
- Watson was named ‘Woman of the Year’ by British GQ in 2013.
- In 2014, Watson dedicated a Britannia Award to her hamster which died during the filming of the first Harry Potter movie.
- Watson was named a Goodwill Ambassador by the United Nations in 2014.
- In 2016, Watson made headlines when it was revealed she had been leaving books on New York subways.
- IMDB lists Prisoner of Azkaban as Watson’s favorite Harry Potter novel.
- Watson was offered the role of Mia in ‘La La Land’ which eventually went to Emma Stone. She turned it down as she wanted to focus on her role as Belle.
Now that we know a little more about the actress, let’s now appreciate some of my very bias Harry Potter memes!
So that’s it for now! Let’s wrap this up with the usual questions and tag line…
What house are you? Which is your favorite H.P. book, movie, or meme? What’s your favorite Emma Watson role? What do you think she named her pet hamster? Let us know in the comments and we will catch you next week, same Nerd-Time, same Nerd-Channel!